NORTH SHORE’S COMMUNITY TAVERN
Located in the award-winning North Shore Community of Burdell, the North Shore Tavern is at the heart of the Townsville’s brightest suburb. Our approach is simple and drives every decision we make: meeting the needs of our local community.
We support, supply, and serve our neighbourhood, believing that the Tavern is an important part of local life, providing a familiar place for locals to relax and socialise. Unpretentious and reliable, we strive to offer quality, value, and experience.
Our team members are an integral part of making our venue a great place to enjoy unforgettable meals and drinks and directly impact every one of our customers experiences.
The ideal candidate will be determined, hardworking, creative and have excellent communication skills and be able to adapt to different environments.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Pre-service kitchen preparation
- Preparation of all ingredients
- Full knowledge of and ability to cook all menu items.
- Providing suggestions for menu improvement and changes.
- Safe food handling and knowledge of HACCP.
- Responsible for ensuring the kitchen is always a clean, safe, and efficient workspace.
- Complete orders / Stocktakes
- Give direction and delegate tasks to any supporting team member
- Assume some responsibility of all kitchen duties, ordering and compliance.
- Consistently prepare high volume of food within the Cafe
Skills & Experience
- Back of house experience in food retail/or a Café.
- Food preparation and presentation experience
- Food Safety Supervisor certification
- Experience managing stock control and costs.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- An interest in food and beverage.